Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 80-82 Dana 44 gears

Trevor

Hey folks, I need some clarification here; Recently the rear in my 81 started to howl under power, so I bought a core pumpkin to rebuild on the side and thought I'd change out the stock 2.87's and move to a 3.07 R&P for a slightly better acceleration performance. While looking for aforementioned gears, I've been told that the 80-82 D44's gears are specific to late C3's....can someone definitively answer that??

I've build Ford 9's and GM 10's and 12's, but never messed with Dana's and I've had a dozen folks say both yes and no that the D44 gears are either universal or not....what gives??? ;shrug

In complete and utter frustration, I posted a want ad here for said specific gears, but frankly I'd like to know the answer for my own knowledge.

Hey folks, I need some clarification here; Recently the rear in my 81 started to howl under power, so I bought a core pumpkin to rebuild on the side and thought I'd change out the stock 2.87's and move to a 3.07 R&P for a slightly better acceleration performance. While looking for aforementioned gears, I've been told that the 80-82 D44's gears are specific to late C3's....can someone definitively answer that??

I've build Ford 9's and GM 10's and 12's, but never messed with Dana's and I've had a dozen folks say both yes and no that the D44 gears are either universal or not....what gives??? ;shrug

In complete and utter frustration, I posted a want ad here for said specific gears, but frankly I'd like to know the answer for my own knowledge.

I know the D44's are used in the C3 '80 thru '82 and C4 stick shift models

The C4 Dana44 is a different gear model. So yes they are only made for 80-82 model Corvettes. Remember the weak part is the left bearingcap!

Greetings Peter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom