Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

80-82 front grille to 73

C

crow

hello, I am going to paint my 73 this fall, and the front bumper looks kind of rattie, I have always loved the front of the 80-82 Vettes , can I put one on my 73 and not damaged the front to the point of no return
Thanks
Crow

Yes, there's a 80-82 conversion available from ecklers & Vanacor. It mounts the same way as your stock bumper and not like the 80-82 (wihere the loer fender is part of the bumper)

It looks like 80-82 but there are differences. I presonally don't like it that much. :)

Marck

To mount a stock 82 bumper to the 73 will require quite a bit of triming of the fenders. The 82 raps around to the side so you will need to trim off the lower edges of the fender in front of the wheels. Even then I do not know if it will line up right. Also, the 73 and 74 used a striaght line for the top edge of the bumper. From the center line it runs striaght out. The 75-82 has a "notch" at the center. From the center line it runs out about 4" then forward an inch or two and then runs stright out to the side. The easy way would be to just install an 82 front clip.

Do you really like that "heavy chin" look of the 80-82?

tom...

Well you know what, I looked at some catalogs that had some close to 80-82 front end kits, and did not like them much. I am not going to mess with the classic look of the 73, Thanks for the input guys
crow

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom