Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

80 Top Flight what's it worth?

king80vette

Corvette
1980 Blue Coupe
I need to sell my 1980 Top Flight car. I was thinking about asking $19,500 for it. The NADA puts it at around $21,000 and I heard that Top Flight can add 10%. The details are below.

What do you think?
Thanks Steve

1980 Chevrolet Corvette (NCRS Top Flight Award)
350 CID 190HP-4 bbl

Options:
Blue with Oyster interior
Power Door Locks
Rear Window Defogger
Automatic Transmission
Aluminum Wheels
Heavy Duty Battery
AM-FM Radio, stereo with 8-track
Power Antenna
Dual Rear Speakers

Also included with the car are the following items;
Set of original type tires, 3 are in good condition 1 has some belt separation.
Custom fitted car cover from California Car Covers, original shocks, original T-top bags, build sheet, inspection stickers (back to 1985 but not every year), order sheet and other stuff.

This car is a numbers matching 15,500 mile car that I purchased in May of 2002 with 11,000 original miles on it. I spent 3 years going over every part of the car checking it against the GM specifications for operation and originality. Over 35 items were rebuilt or replaced using GM parts or reproductions. Some of these were found as far away as Florida & Washington State. On October 9th 2005 it received Top Flight Award from the National Corvette Restorers Society with a total score of 96.2. In August 2006 it was part of the NCRS Gallery VI Collection in Carlisle Pa.

Why such a low asking price?!?!? I'm not qualified to tell you what it's worth on the high end, but I can say that your asking price seems way low!
The people that will look at / buy your car will do so based on it's status. Otherwise, for a couple grand more they could nearly be in a C5. I believe your car's primary value is derived from it's condition and status (and low mileage).

we have another fellow who got $20,000 for a top flight '82 several years ago..I dont see why you couldn't get at least that if not more...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom