Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"80 wiper delay out

F

firefighter-C3

I,ve spent the last 1/2 hr searching threads w/o any luck.
My prob is my wiper delay does not work, runs on low. everything else works.
I've put 2 switches in it, did not fix. This past weekend I put a reman A/C Delco wiper motor in it, did not fix it. Tried out the 2 other switches left over from before, nada.
Is it possible there is a three speed motor?
Any other ideas?
Thanks, Jeff

If I remember correctly there is a relay that controls the delay wipers on the 80. It is behind the seats in the storage area.
Gary

If I remember correctly there is a relay that controls the delay wipers on the 80. It is behind the seats in the storage area.
Gary

If the 80 is the same as a 82, the delay relay/switch is under the passenger side storage area, towards the seats. If you take the plastic box out, looking in, it's towards the passenger seat. Check to make sure the connectors are tight.

Good luck!

:w
-Stefan

If the 80 is the same as a 82, the delay relay/switch is under the passenger side storage area, towards the seats. If you take the plastic box out, looking in, it's towards the passenger seat.
If it's not there, look under the radio in the center console, drivers side, as on the 78/79s.

Thanks, I'll try it

Thanks for the info, I just "ASSUMED" the relay was part of the switch.

FYI- I got a switch for my b-day from ECKLERS( AC Delco OEM part). when I hooked it up the wiper motor ran continuously. Ecklers sent me another switch(told me to keep the faulty one),so... I tore it apart, inside the switch, the brass terminals were touching, sending power to the motor.
The second switch worked fine for a while, then locked up in low, wouldn"t turn off, now I have the original switch back in it( with a new face).

Thanks Again, Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom