Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 Corvette interiors

C

conedude

the driver's seat in my 28th anniversary edition was worn through the cover and the cushion. i contacted al knoch interiors, inc (they have done more bloomington gold, dutov, ncrs top flight interiors than everyone else in the country combined). i ended up ordering four new cushions (two butt and two back) and had them both covered in 100% cowhide leather-it was glove soft. original 81 Corvette interiors had a leather insert with vynal side pieces. on top of that i ordered the 4" bolster instead of the factory 2"-stops you from sliding around as much during autocross-more like a sport seat. the complete covered new cushions arrived at my home for about $800.00, and they just popped into place. i can recommed them for any interior solutions. 1-800-880-8080. not sure i understand the rational of spending almost $500.00 for a set of leather-like covers, and still have to put them onto your old cushions.

conedude
48th anniversary edition
(formerly 28th anniversary edition)

Sounds like a nice job. The weak link in the origional covers is that vinyl side panel. From what I understand Al Knock is the best place for correct matching materials and colors.

Do you have any pictures of the all leather seats you installed?

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom