Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 Courtesy Interior Lights

Posted this pic for a guy on another site, thought it might help to add it here too.
delay.jpg

Excuse my delay in getting back to some of you. Disconnect the relay and jumper the white wires together. The the lights will work normally.

The 2 white wires that connect to the single white/black wire?

I could repair the module for a lot cheaper than what you paid for your replacement. I have done a few wiper delay controllers for the 80-82, the parts for them are usually less than $20.00.

:beer
Dale

I found this old thread and was wondering if you have had to replace the main transistor in the module before and where you may have found the part. I have looked for PN: HN 8123 and can't find it anywhere. I currently have a temporary circuit jumper in place till I can get it repaired or replaced. I figure the transistor is a "GM" exclusive and is not sold to the public, so I was hoping that you had come accross a substitute.

Thanks,

Tom

Dale I bought a new switch from Ecklers. It was expensive, around $100.00. Also, I noted that everytime I took the car out of storage and had to jump the batt is when it blew the switch. I'm not sure of the corialtion but that's when it always seemed to happen!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom