Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 production %

WONKABOY

Here is a good one , based of the production figures for 1981 , does anybody have a NEAR % of what's still out there , running or not ?;shrug

:w Rick,

Nothing like asking a tough question my friend :L I wish the Registry could help answer this questions. We are trying to get ALL the 1981's registered and acurately documented with Original Color / Interior & RPO's.

Saddly we are only scratching the surface of the 40,606 (31,611 St. Louis & 8,995 Bolwing Green) with 764 Documented 1981's :cry

I would think the attrition rate would have slowed down 10 years after the last production 1981 hit the pavement. How many bit the bullet those first few years ??? and since they have aged as gracefully as they have, I would imagine the Salvage Rate for the 1981 has dropped dramatically too... ???

I would love to hear a good description or statistical analysis that is based through real world statistics..

THIS would be my best guess, and TRUST ME it would be just a "WAG"

Lost Rate
First 3 year 5% per year = 34,815
Next 7 years 3% per year = 28,130
1% per year next 5 years = 26,751
.05% per year to date = 26,539​

"WAG" = Wild Ass Guess ;)

GREAT Question Rick... :beer

Bud

:boogie
:w Rick,

Nothing like asking a tough question my friend :L I wish the Registry could help answer this questions. We are trying to get ALL the 1981's registered and acurately documented with Color / Interior & RPO's.

Saddly we are only scratching the surface of the 40,6060 (31,611 St. Louis & 8,995 Bolwing Green) with 764 Documented 1981's :cry

I would think the attrition rate would have slowed down 10 years after the last production 1981 hit the pavement. How many bit the bullet those first few years ??? and since they have aged as gracefully as they have, I would imagine the Salvage Rate for the 1981 has dropped dramatically too... ???

I would love to hear a good description or statistical analysis that is based through real world statistics..

THIS would be my best guess, and TRUST ME it would be just a "WAG"

Lost Rate
First 3 year 5% per year = 34,815
Next 7 years 3% per year = 28,130
1% per year next 5 years = 26,751
.05% per year to date = 26,539

"WAG" = Wild Ass Guess ;)

GREAT Question Rick... :beer

Bud

Hello, yes i knew this would be a good question for the forum !!:boogie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom