Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 suspetion

Shelly Gracey

Corvette
81 dark blue metalic
I have an 81 st. louis car and can,t get to my biuld sheet, don't want to take the tank out till i need to.Is there any way to get RPO info or find the original owner. iknow the dealer it was sent to but they won't release his name. Please help!
Shelly

1st,Welcome to CAC!!!:CAC

hope you enjoy the forums!!!!!!!

2nd,It will probably be difficult at best to find out who the original owner was,(or previous owners,for that matter) in this day and age....:ugh
however you might want to check with your motor vehicle dept as well...
if you are looking to see what the vette was built with,E.G. options,etc,.there was a link earlier in this forum,or the C-3 forums on being able to purchase a copy of the dealer invoice.do a search using the button on top of page.

good luck

lost records.....

The good news is you have the opportunity to drop your tank , the bad news is mostly all of the records from the ST.LOUIS facility are nowhere to be found ,in most cases.[ Somehow all was lost during the transition to BOWLING GREEN ]. Try contacting the CORVETTE MUSEUM.COM, you might be one of the lucky ones, someone in administration will guide you in the right direction. The dealer maybe able to provide you with a window sticker replica,not the build sheet. Ask the dealer to have the former owner contact you, if they refuse to give you address.
ANDY

:w Shelly Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Community ;)

From your L81VetteRegistry registration, your car is a St. Louis Built 1981.

Here is some information I gleened from doing a search from the C3 General Forums: "Dealer Invoice"

Also, here is a thought..
Since you know the dealership and sounds like you've already approached them ;) maybe you could ask them for the original Order placed for the car, or at least ask for the RPO's the car was ordered with ;) Never hurts to ask, and if the car was a dealer order they wouldn't be disclosing any previous owners name, but it would give you some original documentation ;shrug

There is also a helpful guide in the "Tech Center" drop down menu at the top of the page it's called "Owners Research Center"

Welcome aboard and enjoy the :Steer

Bud

Thanks!

I know i will enjoy this forum and all that participate. Thanks for the info and I will pass what I find. shelly

Shelly, welcome to the :CAC Sounds like you have an interest in learning about your car! Is this your first vette?
Regardless, you've found the best place on the net for the friendliest, most knowledgeable people. Be sure to stop over in the New Member Introduction section and introduce yourself!

PS - You're not too far from our annual gathering CruiseFest! Check the link right below!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom