Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! '81 Water Pump Replacement

rockman

I'd like to lean on my fellow members for a little help on my '81 water pump replacement. I have been working on this project on and off for about 2 years...don't laugh. I have had some issues that kept me from completing this project in a timely manner. Anyways I just got fininshed replacein the radiator and seals which took a while since my original seals were not present and the radiator that I used was not a good fit. I am now at the point on installing the water pump but I am at a loss as to the bolts that are used and or spacers. In addition I am not sure if any other accessories such as A/C compressor and or alternator share bolt attachment with the water pump. Also how the heater hose is routed. If any body has any pictures or schematics that could help me I sure would appreciate it. I have poured over my AIM and shop manual and cannot find any detail on this. Thanks:ugh

if you flip thru section 6 starts on page 338
you will find some drawings on some of the accessories around the water pump.
if you need more let us know.

if you flip thru section 6 starts on page 338
you will find some drawings on some of the accessories around the water pump.
if you need more let us know.

Hi bill81vette, thanks very much for the reply but not sure if there was supposed to be a link associated with your reply?

Nope.went looking thru the aim and found a few sketches in that section dealing with some of the bracketry mounted to the water pump.if you search further thru the aim you may find where the hoses go as well.

Nope.went looking thru the aim and found a few sketches in that section dealing with some of the bracketry mounted to the water pump.if you search further thru the aim you may find where the hoses go as well.

Thanks, I'll take a look again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom