Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'81 wont start..

bill81vette

Corvette
1981 dark blue metallic
Gail took the vette to work this am...called me at noon time when she was going out to the bank and told me the vette wont start and what can she do to fix it...(oh sheet):confused

any way went over after work and nothing is happening ,plenty of power(tried jumping,nada.),everything works,with and without jumping....

nothing happens on starting circuit...have not tried to bypass the circuit and go straight to the starter(no room),will try in am if need be...
I tried,and had her try, to giggle the shifter in park and in neutral while having the key in the start position..

how can I check the neutral safety switch is bad,and I'm going to pull the alarm switch in the am on the off chance she may have activated it.unless I can figure out hoe to deactivate it without taking it out...should be able to by unlocking the door I would think...

she told me she had a hard time getting the car to lock and unlock today b/4 she had trouble with it....hmmmm I wonder????

have not had any problems with this prior to today....its been starting and running like a champ so far this year!!!!!:upthumbs

problem solved

got to the vette this am,unlocked the door and she started right up!!!!

now I know the alarm system works!!!! :upthumbs :upthumbs

:upthumbs Bill...

Hope this doesn't sour Gail about driving the '81 ;) Hope she understands it was doing exactly what it was designed to do ;) and had nothing to do with the 81 liking YOU more :rotfl OR maybe the '81 is just a tad jealous :eek

Bud

I'm glad you got everything working. It also explains why one of my car's previous owners removed all of the anti-theft devices. :D

Good Luck!

Bud,It seems every time Gail drives it something happens to it! she's only driven 2-3 times BUT...;shrug

she was complaining about that last nite...:ugh

Perhaps it IS a bit jealous...I don't mind her taking it after all it WAS her Idea to buy it in the first place. :upthumbs :upthumbs

Alarm

I found out I had an alarm by mistake, from setting it off the first few times. I could not disarm it because (as i found out later) I had door lock wires broken. What I had to do was unplug the car battery for 5 minutes to disarm it, and I found that it also reset the Starter Interupt as well. Next time it happens, unplug the battery and wait 5 minutes, that should do the trick.

unplug the battery and wait 5 minutes, that should do the trick.

thanks for the tip...:upthumbs :upthumbs :beer

good to know if it leaves you stranded somewhere

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom