Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 bracket for ??????

C

c4ever

Maybe you guys can steer me in the right direction. On the 82 there is what seems to be a valve with two heater hoses attached. There is a bracket that mounts to the blower housing (Right side near firewall)which holds the unit in place (at least that what it looks like) I can not find this bracket or entire unit in any catalogs. I'm thinking boneyard but there hard to come by down here. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Thanks,

Carlo

I'm not sure without looking at mine, Carlo, but these guys came through on my seat belt warning buzzer module:

http://contemporarycorvette.com/

One of the larger Vette boneyards.

Guy

Mid West Bone Yard

Carlo,

I just had some good luck with JUST CORVETTES. They are a Corvette only salvage yard in the Mid West. 1-800-886-8388, Ask for Scott. Good luck.

........... Nut

Carlo, IF your original bracket is ok it can be removed from the old heater control valve and attached to a new valve. To find the new valve you have to find a friendly auto parts man that will look it up in a book with pictures(the old way instead of computers). Make sure it is correct (normally open or normally closed) depending on the vacumm source.

This is what I had to do to my 82.

Thanks Tcolyer,
The valve is fine. What I need is the bracket. Hopefully the boneyard will have one.
Carlo

c4ever

I took my valve assembly off mine and laid it somewhere Im pretty sure it was original part if I can find it in the mess I call my garage it yours

The stock heater valve (it's mounted on the heater box) hsa the bracket (triangular part) fixed to it. If the bracket is damaged you'll need a new valve.

Marck

Jeff,
One mo time. You've got mail.
Thanks,
Carlo

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom