Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'82 FS, Pensacola, FL, ZZ4 crate engine, new paint

S

smasraum

My father passed away in March. My mother is trying to sell his corvette. His old mechanic has the car at his shop which is actually in Milton, FL about 20-30 minutes east of Pensacola, FL

He's had the car repainted in the original two tone silver over charcoal with the two tone stripes that separate the two colors painted on rather that stickers like it was originally. It's also got a clear coat. The paint is in great shape and is only a few years old. The car was always garage kept. He's got a dashpad on the car. The interior was originally gray, but he changed it to black. The carpet is new black carpet, the seats are black leather covered purchased from a kit and installed by a local shop as well as the carpet. The plastic bits in the interior were painted/dyed black. The steering wheel if memory serves correctly needs to be recovered. The interior is good, but not great. The car has a Blaupunkt CD head unit with new speakers on some sort of speaker enclosure that runs all the way across the back of the area behind the seats (it's only a few inches deep). He bought almost everything that he got for the car from Mid-America, or possibly Ecklers.

He also purchased a new weatherstripping/seal kit and had that installed by a local shop.

The car has less than 1000 miles on a new ZZ4 crate engine The motor is using the original Crossfire injection and steel tube headers. He also had a "level 3" chip put into the ECU with a 160* thermostat. The car comes with the original engine which my mother has at her house on the pallet that the crate engine came on. After he had the motor put in he had the transmission rebuilt to handle the extra power. I'm not sure who did the rebuild, but the shop owner where the car is located probably will. THe shop owner is the person that did the engine swap and all of the other work except for things like the actual tranny rebuild that he sent to a tranny shop. My father also had 3.55 gears put into the original rear end. Many, many years ago he had stainless calipers put on. The car has tires that were put on in the last 3 years or so with very few miles, so they are like new. I believe they are Eagle GT4's in the original size of 255 60 15.

My mother is asking 16,000, OBO.

The car is quite fast.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics since the car is there and I'm in Houston. In case you can't picture the paint scheme, this is what the car looks like in a picture that I found on the net
randallc.jpg

The shop owner is Don. Here is the address.
D & S AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE CENTER
6848 HIGHWAY 87 N, MILTON, FL 32570

Map to the shop

From Pensacola it's easy to find. Take either I-10 or 90 east, take the '87 exit and go north.

I'll do my best to answer any questions that you have or you can drop by and see the car and talk to Don. Like I said, he did all of the mechanical work.

I spoke to my mother this afternoon. She said the engine has been in the car for probably close to 7 or 8 years, but she does agree that there's probably less than 1000 or 1500miles, at the most, on it. My father only drove it around Milton, and only once drove to Pensacola, so most of the trips were probably under 5 miles each way. It was his play-toy. For most things they used their other car. The engine was the first thing done, then tranny, then rear gears, then the paint, then the interior and weatherstripping.

I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing. My dad died about 9 years ago and left me his almost running 1-owner, never wrecked '69 390 hp big block. I was in a position to bring it home from his place in Indiana on a trailer and got it running. I wanted to modify it a lot, so I sold it as a survivor to a fellow in Pennsylvania and bought a '96 Grnad Sport with the cash. My dad would have loved the GS if he had ever had a chance to drive it.

I'm sort of looking for a C-3 again, but I want to convert it to a racer. It would be a crime to do that to a cherry car like your dad's. I'm hoping you find a good home for it. If it doesn't move call Keith and Tony's Corvette shop in Gaithersburg, MD. He's always looking for unique Vettes in good shape and he's a fair guy from my experience.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom