Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84-87 Vettes with ZR1 Rims 11x17's Questions!

Mad-Mic

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Redskin Red Coupe
i recently purchased a set of AMold ZR1 Rims from a friend that owned a 95 Trans Am. i am wondering what the right back spacing is for the 11x17" rims for my 87? i know the 4th Gen Fbodies have the same backspacing as a C4 but i'm not sure what year.

bought'em for 100 bucks with alittle chrome chipping and some road rash on 1 of the rims. already sent them out to be stripped as they are going to be painted gloss black to give the car a SinistR look and hide the rash :D

just curious if i need spacers and what size spacers do i need? i need to know what the backspacing is in inches.

Thanks!
M

According to the C4 suspension chart from Hib, the 87 had 32mm offset on the 8.5" wheels and 38mm offset on the 9.5" wheels.

The ZR1 11" wheel has 36mm offset. A friend of mine has an 86 with the ZR1 11" wheels and they fit his car just fine without any spacers.

The GS 11" wheels have 50mm offset (similar to the standard 9.5" wheel on the late C4s that has 56mm offset). I would assume that if your new wheels have more than 38mm offset, you may need spacers to move the out.

According to the AFS Wheels website, the 11" wheels they offer for a 93-00 Trans Am Coupe have the same offset as the 11" wheels they offer for the 84-87 Vettes. They should fit properly without the need for adapters.

In any event, you should mount the wheel and tire and with everything at ride height, check very carefully for clearance around the suspension components and the wheel well panels. Watch the clearance between the tire and the brake line.

thanks fella's! thats what i thought. i was just hoping to get the back spacing in actual inches.

i'll find out hopefully saturday once i get the tires mounted and put on :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom