Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84-96 front hood lock drain kits

Corvette
94 396 AFR LT-4 Convertible 69 427 Convertible
Complete 84-96 front hood lock ( latch) drain kit for both sides includes everything you need in one package. Works in all 84-96 models made by GM eliminates completely water from standing in latch receiver and rusting them out.

anyone who already has this set ?

I bought it 2 years ago but do not know where to drill :confused

Hello, the female hood latch on each side of the body has a round center section where the hood latch male end mounted on the hood itself drops down into and locks the hood in the closed and locked position. Take a center punch and score the center bottom of the female hood latch receiver located on each side of the body. Drill straight down slowly until you go through the bottom of the latch receiver use a socket to tread the hole completely with the tap included and tap the hole you drilled with it. I suggest you use an air compressor and blow out the metal shavings from drilling the hole first before proceeding. Install the brass fitting supplied with the kit and the rubber hose included. Do the same thing on the other side. These work if installed correctly Gm knew there was a problem with the design of the receiver not having any way to drain as designed and chose to do nothing about it themselves. This is the Corvette C-4 aftermarket solution that is simple to install ,inexpensive and solves this problem of the receiver rusting out. Further questions about this kit installation just ask. I bought a case of these for our car club (Corvette Club of Virginia )as the club sponsor and have a couple left over to sell @ my cost. Nothing but compliments on the quality and effectiveness of solving this problem with this kit from our C-4 club members.

Hello, the female hood latch on each side of the body has a round center section where the hood latch male end mounted on the hood itself drops down into and locks the hood in the closed and locked position. Take a center punch and score the center bottom of the female hood latch receiver located on each side of the body. Drill straight down slowly until you go through the bottom of the latch receiver use a socket to tread the hole completely with the tap included and tap the hole you drilled with it. I suggest you use an air compressor and blow out the metal shavings from drilling the hole first before proceeding. Install the brass fitting supplied with the kit and the rubber hose included. Do the same thing on the other side. These work if installed correctly Gm knew there was a problem with the design of the receiver not having any way to drain as designed and chose to do nothing about it themselves. This is the Corvette C-4 aftermarket solution that is simple to install ,inexpensive and solves this problem of the receiver rusting out. Further questions about this kit installation just ask. I bought a case of these for our car club (Corvette Club of Virginia )as the club sponsor and have a couple left over to sell @ my cost. Nothing but compliments on the quality and effectiveness of solving this problem with this kit from our C-4 club members.

but can you provide any pictures of examples , when I can visiualise it makes more sense

sorry but I am BLONDE :D
and the wife too :naughty:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom