Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 Bose poping breaker

hmcquade

Corvette
1984 Aqua pearl
New antenna got fried do not no why. We disconnected the antenna in the back after it died. Now every time I turn the radio on the breaker blows for that system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hugh :upthumbs

So no one on this forum had any similar probles?

Hugh :confused

Not sure how long you have had the Vette

However it is common practice to put a bypass switch under dash (Or other places) so that you control the antenna up and down. That way it decreases wear on that motor. Maybe someone wired wrong?

In addition, I had my BOSE serviced. I had a cracked board. This type of issue could cause a short.

Just a couple of ideas.

I spent $500 on repairing my BOSE, then removed due to frustration. I still have in a box so if I want factory, I can get it back. However, I love CD's in the car now, clear sound and no suprises everytime I turn on the tunes.

Thanks fot the reply. The Vet is in the shop as I write getting worked I have not called them yet to find out what happened. I did get a new up grade antenaa and a cut of switch. I did have the Bise serviced this spring and it was working great.

Who knows, car is 23 years old :upthumbs

Electrical problem solved, it was a bad relay for the power supply for the radio.

Hugh:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom