Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 84 hood on a 89 corvette

TravisRay

Corvette
1989 Corvette BUILT l-98 1974 Stingray L-82
MY front end has some damage I am picking up a roller hopefully that is a 1984 paint match and all. I know a 1984 hood wont bolt rite on.. so does anyone know what I need to do I believe I can cut some of the hood cross member to get it to fit over ac compressor.. just asking if anyone has done this before if you have any info on this I would be very appreciative thanks Travis

The 84 hood has channels built into it that directed air to the air cleaner assembly over the TBIs. Need to check if those channels would interfere w hood closing over TPI.

Well I took the hood and front clip off today to put on mine I mocked the hood up to mine and it fits really well Id say I have 1 to 1 1/2 inches of clearance from the runners looks good I will post again later when I put it on the only thing im worried about is the ac compressor it is awefull close but it looks like I will be in the clear I will post on here in a few thanks for the input!!!!

PS Im sure I can but the headlights will work rite?!? they are all the same from c4s??? the hood came with lights that work and id rather not change them if possible

PS Im sure I can but the headlights will work rite?!? they are all the same from c4s??? the hood came with lights that work and id rather not change them if possible

Results are good to know for future reference. Lights should work fine. I guess electrical should be close or the same.

We mocked it up and put the hinges on it works really well we did have to cut out the cross fire intake crap on inside of hood but that wasnt a hard ordeal. Getting it painted rite now and will have it put on with pictures showing what you have to cut to make it fit pretty soon thanks for the info

Well its done............. Lets just say it really is a pita to put a 84 hood on a 89 ect. You have to use the hinges from the 89 also the lights from the 89 but the wheel covers from the 84 and you have to cut some of the wheel cover off just enough to make your seals work. You must cut a area out for the air intake it will not shut unless you take out a large area of the plastic runners out. But I cant bitch it didnt cost me anything to get it painted I traded the rest of the car I have 400$ including paint in my new wheels and hood and bumper. Pics included below IMG_1024[1].jpgIMG_1032[1].jpgIMG_1033[1].jpgIMG_1035[1].jpgIMG_0802[1].jpgIll get some whole car pis up soon and better detail on where to cut hood insides thanks for everyones help my vette is pretty again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom