Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 or 82......help me

should i keep the 82 or go with the 84

Votes: 15 57.7%

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
Congrats on the C4!!! Two is better than one! Keep them both and enjoy them!!! I am lucky to have two Vettes also! Kinda fun having a C3 and C4!!!!

Anthony

I didn't think a TPI would fit under a stock c3 hood. What did you have to modify to get it to fit?

NOTHING. Fits just fine on my '80.

Now, you may have issues with the fresh air door on your 82...

Pictures of the 84

well i finally got to get out there, clay bar the entire thing and put 3 coats of zaino on it....(my arm felt like rubber and i had to finish under a work light:L) but here she is.... its definetly got a few imperfections but all in all the car is very clean....

000_1074.jpg

000_1075.jpg

000_1076.jpg

000_1077.jpg

000_1078.jpg

000_1079.jpg

000_1080.jpg

I'm sure others wouldn't think so...but I think the license plate is freakin hilarious!

Looks pretty nice in the pics, I'm sure it does have it's imperfections, but for a 24 year old car it sure doesn't look bad!

As long as you're happy with it and enjoy it, that's the important thing...how's your little sidekick like it?

Looks really nice! Just a few panel alignment things. No big deal. Something about red... Gotta love it.

I hope it treats you well, and you can enjoy it!

I had a friend who was a Bills fan. They kept having Superbowl parties, hoping that, well.... You know.

That is pretty damn funny! ;LOL

Go Steelers! :thumb

Looks really nice! Just a few panel alignment things. No big deal. Something about red... Gotta love it.

I hope it treats you well, and you can enjoy it!

I had a friend who was a Bills fan. They kept having Superbowl parties, hoping that, well.... You know.

That is pretty damn funny! ;LOL

Go Steelers! :thumb

ive learned to live with it is all i can say:hb

I'm sure others wouldn't think so...but I think the license plate is freakin hilarious!

Looks pretty nice in the pics, I'm sure it does have it's imperfections, but for a 24 year old car it sure doesn't look bad!

As long as you're happy with it and enjoy it, that's the important thing...how's your little sidekick like it?

he loves it... got REALLY pissed off the other day when someone came over to test drive the 82 though...... dont know what im gonna do when it sells... he keeps tellin me we need to take pictures of him with it!:D

Good job with the Zaino! Looks VERY NICE!
BTW...noticed from the pic the headlight issue you mentioned. You can see that the door isnt quite flush with the hood. Door definitely is stopping short. Hopefully that gear fix should do the trick.

Cant see from pic..but how does your gear indicator read? PRND4321 or PRDD321? Pet curiosity really...I still wonder when they changed that indicator.... especially if its the one with the "4" and your vin. than i know its likely original

BTW, he will eventually probably buy an 82 himself one day! Hard to get over losing a car you love as a kid...I still have a thing for Fiat 850 35 years later!

Nice 84, I have an 84 & an 85. But I perfer my 84 it is better built than my 85. 84 corners better but the 85 is a little faster, not much though.

Bronze 84 and a black 85
IMG_1692.jpg

Nice 84, I have an 84 & an 85. But I perfer my 84 it is better built than my 85. 84 corners better but the 85 is a little faster, not much though.

Bronze 84 and a black 85
IMG_1692.jpg

thanks, i really do like it, my 82 sold for WAY more than i expected it to so i couldnt turn the guy away, the thing that i both like and dislike about the 84 is when i drove by in the 82 it seemed like every one stopped to look, and in the 84 even though its bright red people just done seem to notice, which is good and bad i guess.... but it rides and corners soooo much better... but i think my 82 had a little more snot... and my golf clubs fot in the 82 better

... and my golf clubs fit in the 82 better

Golf clubs? Golf clubs! We don't need no stinkin' golf clubs! :boogie

Apologies to "Blazing Saddles".

I cannot pull my 31' Bayliner Cabin Cruiser, either, with my Collector Edition. But, I am not whining! :boogie :boogie :boogie

SAVE THE STINKIN' :w

Will you mod your 84 or keep it pretty much stock?

Will you mod your 84 or keep it pretty much stock?

for now im gonna stay stock cause i want to drive it, im lookin for another c3 down the road or possibly buying a new (or newer) one, if i keep this and get a c3, im gonna work the 3, if i buy a new one, im gonna do this one, all depends

If you're happy with the power of your '82, you'll be happy with the power of the '84. I've opened up the ports in my '84 crossfire intake manifold and have the TH700R4 trans and the 3.07 rear end, and I'm fine with the performance of my '84. The '84 has so many improvements over the C-3, there's no comparison! I'm betting you'll decide to make the '84 your preferred 'vette!

:w S.T.W.

I would think,these days, the 82 C3 is worth lots more than an 84 C4!:thumb

^ I would agree, but you need to do what you like. Your first instinct is usually the correct one.

Dont get me wrong! I would love to have a 'newer' Corvette...C4..C5. I'm told there may a bit more room,& may be better as a 'daily' cruiser,than my 79. Not to mention,a more modern suspension to start with,than my 79 before it was modernized.

If you're happy with the power of your '82, you'll be happy with the power of the '84. I've opened up the ports in my '84 crossfire intake manifold and have the TH700R4 trans and the 3.07 rear end, and I'm fine with the performance of my '84. The '84 has so many improvements over the C-3, there's no comparison! I'm betting you'll decide to make the '84 your preferred 'vette!

:w S.T.W.

How much did you open up the manifold? Did you just open them up to match the heads or did you go deep inside the ports. I hear the bottem side of the ports is thin, did you just polish the bottem side and open up the top? What do you think your power increase is over stock? I am going to port my 84 and then run it against my 85, hope it stays even with the TPI.

I would keep the '82. If I wanted a C4 I would get an L98, or an LT1.

That is a good price for that car, but it's not going to smoke the tires like a good L98 does.

YES its that important. If its a 'vette and won't even spin a tire, it's like
dating a supermodel that makes you sleep on the couch. :eyerole

Imagine driving a 'vette that a new Honda Accord could smoke ? :W

I'm not saying its a bad car, because I love C4's and the 1984 is the car that started it all. I'm just saying it doesn't quiet deliver on the threat it makes with its badge.

If it's a 2:59 geared car, your looking at roughly a 15.5 to 16 second quarter.

I can do that in my Ford Taurus.

Then again it depends on what you want the car for. Daily driver or something to get the blood pumping. :thumb

Personally if it won't make me pucker up when I press the gas, I get bored real quick.

All but a little over 400 3.31 equipped 84's had 3.07 rears. None had 2.59's. those came later. 2.73's made their debut in 85. The 15.3 dead stock quarter can become a low,low 14 with 1.6-1 roller tipped rockers and a ported stock intake. That's a full second for a little time and very little money. The 84 is a very reliable car and at that price and condition would be a great purchase.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom