Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 starting problem. What is this part? See pic

showman

Corvette
1984 Dark Cherry Red
This part will make a click noise when I turn ignition, but no power goes to starter. Other times it'll click, I'll hear the starter click, but no start.

Other times, starts just fine. Some times I get the click from both and turn ignition a few times and it'll start.

Replaced ICM. Battery new.

Please see pic and give me your thoughts.

Thanks!

Attachments

• identify.jpg
    identify.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 118
The item you have circled is the cruise control servo. It should not prevent the car from starting. I didn't think that it clicked if the cruise was not engaged. Your battery is right below the servo. It sounds like you may have a bad battery connection. I recommend you clean the cable ends and the terminals on the battery

Last edited:
The item you have circled is the cruise control servo. It should not prevent the car from starting. I didn't think that it clicked if the cruise was not engaged. Your battery is right below the servo. It sounds like you may have a bad battery connection. I recommend you clean the cable ends and the terminals on the battery

Clean terminals are your friend. I had a problem once were the bolt for the negative battery terminal was corroded. I took a dremmel with a wire wheel and cleaned it up. Problem solved.

Also, jack the car up and remove the fly-wheel dust cover and watch the starter engauge. The solenoid might be going bad. If it is, it will struggle to engage the flywheel.

Step 1, clean all terminals on the battery and the starter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom