Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

" 84 Vette Knock Sensor Reading = Inf Res -OK?

Cartrax

Corvette
1984 Red Coupe
Getting a reading of infinite resistance on my knock sensor ("84 Vette). My research is unclear on this. Anyone know for sure if this is an indication of a bad knock sensor?

Getting a reading of infinite resistance on my knock sensor ("84 Vette). My research is unclear on this. Anyone know for sure if this is an indication of a bad knock sensor?

Hmm, not much of a knowledge base here on this subect.;shrug For the record the new reads 100K ohms - so I assume the old one was hosed.

It generates a very small voltage when it 'hears' a knock. My DVOM was sensitive enough to show a momentary indication when the sensor was lightly tapped, on the bench. More, and harder tapping, generated a higher voltage.

Resistance readings can be helpful in ID-ing whether you have the correct sensor or not. :w

Last edited:
It generates a very small voltage when it 'hears' a knock. My DVOM was sensitive enough to show a momentary indication when the sensor was lightly tapped, on the bench. More, and harder tapping, generated a higher voltage.

Resistance readings can be helpful in IDing if you have the correct sensor. :w

Thanks for thr reply. Replaced the sensor and all is well now - good reference for others. Advice - drain coolant first, yes I did but read about others who were very sorry they short cut it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom