Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 85 Auto Gauges into a Manual car?

he_mech_usmch

Corvette
1985 Coupe, Nash 4+3
I was wondering if Auto gauges would work in my manual car. I have done some research and came up with some mixed answers, especially from later years. Is there any difference in the clusters? I have a chance to pick up a working gauge set for an auto for cheap today. The gauges and car are both 85's

Thanks for any input

Josh

Thanks oz,
The "new" cluster worked for about an hour or so....now its dead too...and my first ticket in a vette...accidentally went through a stop light...fml. checked all the fuses and they're all good...looks like I get to tear this one down too. I'm just hoping I didn't kill it by my ignorance...batee.com here I come...looks like my life this weekend is doing elec diag...I know I have good grounds and power to the cluster...ugh. oh another quick question...where's the od light supposed to be? Od was working beautifully while the dash was working but woth the dash dead its a no go

Thanks for the help
Josh

Cluster

That's good to know, Oz. Does the same go, for all years ?.....Roger.

An 85 cluster is unique to that year and the tach will not work correctly from another year.
Look for the letters LAK on a paper tag on the cluster to identify the 85 version.

I believe the wiring is changed, as the wire that feeds the TC lock-up on an auto 'allows' O/D on a stick. Check the wiring diagram for details.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom