Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

86 Brakes soft

tcolyer

Corvette
1982 Silver-Blue Coupe, 1986 4+3 Coupe
I recently rebuilt all the calipers on my 86 Corvette (with GM seals) and reinstalled. I refilled the mastercylinder with new dot 3 fluid and gravity bleed all wheels, hooked up a mity-vac and vacuum bleed them and then did a two man bleed with pump & bleed method.

My question is the brakes feel a little spongey (no light and does not go to floor) but if I pump one time the pedal is firm and much less travel.

Forgot to mention mastercylinder did run dry when fronts were off but not the rears.. Could I have air trapped in the MC or still just air in the lines some where.

I was thinking about puchasing a Motive brake bleeder and rebleeding them again.

Thanks ahead of time for any opinions

Did you prime the calipers prior to assembly ? It has to be air in the system if nothing is leaking. Roger.

yep you still have air in the system.
Also hate to break the news to you but I'm almost certain that your brake booster is internally leaking. Not fluid but air, there's an internal diaphram in the booster that from what you described will do that. I would go ahead and rebleed the brakes if that doesn't work then it's probably time for a new booster. Good luck and let us know what youfind out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom