Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

86 roller rockers

F

fatboyreyn

Here's my christmas list for my wife, for my 86 stock coupe. Do I have it correct? Thanks for your help, fella's.;shrug

CRANE CAM_
Rocker Arms, Stud Mount, Full Roller, Aluminum, 1.6 Ratio, Fits 7/16 in. Stud, AMC/Chevy/Ford, Set of 16

CRANE CAM_
Valve Springs, Dual, 1.437 in. Outside Diameter, 296 lbs./in. Rate, 1.185 in. Coil Bind Height, Set of 16

If this is going in a stock 86, you want 3/8" stud fitment, not 7/16". You'll also want new pushrods because the flat tappets may have worn down the originals somewhat.

Someone else will answer to the springs, I'm sure, but I don't see any reason why you'd want dual-coil springs in a near-stock motor. That's too much closing pressure for a stock cam. I have those springs (or identical from Comp Cams) with my Lingenfelter cam that has a MUCH higher lift.

Nice choice in car, btw.

[RICHR]

rollers

If this is going in a stock 86, you want 3/8" stud fitment, not 7/16". You'll also want new pushrods because the flat tappets may have worn down the originals somewhat.

Someone else will answer to the springs, I'm sure, but I don't see any reason why you'd want dual-coil springs in a near-stock motor. That's too much closing pressure for a stock cam. I have those springs (or identical from Comp Cams) with my Lingenfelter cam that has a MUCH higher lift.

Nice choice in car, btw.

[RICHR]
Thanks for the input. I was going to remove valve covers before ordering to check stud size, but now I don't have to. As for the springs, I just went through the Crane website on how to choose a spring, and they said something about 290# closing force for roller rockers. But if you think they are not needed, I will go with single style. I was debating about the push rods, but now I will replace them. Thanks again for your help;)

Any time :) .

If you need more xmas ideas, consider a set of stainless-steel braided brake lines and some speed-bleeders (makes installation of the lines easier)... you'll be amazed at how much better you'll stop.

[RICHR]

When you remove the valve covers you might have to grind down the drip tabs on the inside of the valve covers. I had to on mine when I did rolling rockers.

xmas list

Any time :) .

If you need more xmas ideas, consider a set of stainless-steel braided brake lines and some speed-bleeders (makes installation of the lines easier)... you'll be amazed at how much better you'll stop.

[RICHR]

Excellent suggestion! I will add to list. Thank you!!!!!!:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom