Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! 86 With no-start condition

Was that static fuel pressure? Or dynamic (motor running)? How 'bout pressure bleeddown time?

You have to be even MORE exact with measurements when you have mods, than with none at all...

I put a fuel gauge on the fuel rail and registered 42lbs of fuel pressure when the system is priming itself. I can't keep the engine running long enough to read the dynamic pressure because I don't have enough hands, I'll have to ask for assistance on that.

How long did it hold 42 pounds?

I don't know, I saw it was at 42 and relieved the pressure in the gauge and took it off. I'll check it later today and get an approximate on how long it holds.

There are 2 vacuum lines coming off the rear of the intake plenum. Does anybody know where they go and what they do? On my car the one closest to the dashboard forks off and goes to the fuel pressure regulator and the canister. I'm assuming this is correct. The second one, the one closest to the radiator, I have no clue.

You were absolutely no help to me. I posted this thread because my car won't start, not to debate the importance of emissions paraphernalia. You say its important; I say it complicates and pollutes a perfectly good engine with half burnt exhaust gas containing no oxygen and blow-by gases with motor oil in them. Your suggestions were useless, if you have nothing to help solve my dilemma than do not respond.
after the first post I had it figured out: a dead short between the steering wheel and the seat.:chuckle (this means I am making a joke) where do you reckon the "half burnt exhaust gases" come from, if not from the perfectly good engine? so what's the diff? someone said it already: taking today's technology and applying last generation's; the computer wins every time.

after the first post I had it figured out: a dead short between the steering wheel and the seat.:chuckle (this means I am making a joke) where do you reckon the "half burnt exhaust gases" come from, if not from the perfectly good engine? so what's the diff? someone said it already: taking today's technology and applying last generation's; the computer wins every time.

naww...
He just knows more than the 1000's of GM, Chevy, Pontiac , Olds, Caddilac and Buick engineers all rolled into one.;LOL;LOL;LOL ;LOL These guys got more degrees than a friggin thermometer and he knows more about it than they do, obviously. He insist that his 'mods' could'nt be the source of his problems...so it MUST be caused by the crap design from the genius(s) that designed that car and cars of today WITH all that smog crapola that get 600 HP AND 35 mpg....

yep...must be...

I did indeed. A faulty Idle Air Control Valve gasket was the culprit; I swapped gaskets and shes up and running. Thanks for the inquiry!

I did indeed. A faulty Idle Air Control Valve gasket was the culprit; I swapped gaskets and shes up and running. Thanks for the inquiry!

Well I wasnt too far off, I experience the same BS, however it did have to do with the IAC :happyanim:. One point for me!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom