Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 B2k Aero Auto on Ebay

Automatic!! Let's go for a ride!

Yeah, that one had been up on E bay before... It was next to a Cuda and a Plym. Superbird before...
I bet that thing launches like a mother!!!
enjoy. *89x2*
S&S, did u bid on it?????? or are you holdin out for the one at Shaffers?

I didn't bid....I was holding out for the Shaffers one, but I can't find anyone to go more than 60months. :( If I only go 60 Im gonna have to save some more.....this sucks.

Suggestion

Hi Everyone,

Chris what's happening? I have been away for so long that I am way behind on what's going on. Recent surgery has keep me off my feet.

I seem to remember this car have transmission work done a number of years back. David and I came to the conclusion that although this would be a faster accelerating car from a standing start, repairs to the Turbo 400 units would out way the benefits in the long run.

What car are the both of you referring to at Shaffer's?

Take care,
Stan

Re: Suggestion

Stan A said:

What car are the both of you referring to at Shaffer's?

Take care,
Stan
There is a gray met. coupe at a place called shaffers auto investments... It has been 4 sale , for awhile and the asking price is currently 27 and some change if I recall...
Enjoy!*89x2*
ps. I have been busy putting the finishing touches on the callaway Reunion and am to meet w/ some folks tomorrow to finish this up, prior to registration:)

*89x2* said:
3 words... Home Equity Loan
:) *89x2*

I don't own a house :( Still renting :hb

Hopefully not for long though, i could get a house easily for what Im paying for rent.

Re: Re: Suggestion

*89x2* said:

There is a gray met. coupe at a place called shaffers auto investments... It has been 4 sale , for awhile and the asking price is currently 27 and some change if I recall...
Enjoy!*89x2*

its 27900. Hands off though thats MY baby.....Im just not sure when:L :L :L

callaway on ebay

I spoke to the owner the last time it was up for auction he wanted $40,000 I guess thats why he still has it.

I know 40 k seems like quite a bit for a 13 yr old Vette but...
*It is a Callaway w/ low miles...
*VERY rare automatic trans
*It is a "triple Black Callaway"<desireable
*It has the correct wheels :)
*The Aerobody, although not "correct" for an 88 it is however, a Callaway Aerobody -vs- an add on kit... (It may not add a lot of value BUT IMO, it takes nothing away from the car)$$$$$$$<BIG>$$$$$
*It is a Convertible
This may be a decent deal considering that Stoudts has a Red Aero car w/ OZ's on it and they are asking 43k w/ 12k. It is an 89 6 spd convertible however, in 89 you cannot get things like sport seats like you could w/ a stick convert. in 88... (or an automatic in 89 either)
The 89 for 43k is red w/ red guts and a white top... I personally drove that car when the past owner had it and I could not get past the red interior, OZ's and the lack of something else in the glovebox... :D
hope this helps, just my 2c worth :)
*89x2*

[ and the lack of something else in the glovebox... :D
hope this helps, just my 2c worth :)
*89x2* [/B]

Hmmm so its not a B2k eh?

the car was a very nice car, it was not a B2K RPO optoned car... It was a "Direct Conversion" Callaway and while it does have the dash # and was recorded as built by Callaway as a TT, it had no other paperwork as I was told by the past owner.
paperwork is the key w/ any car of value as a conversion car w/ paperwork can be traced back however, no paperwork combined w/ the other factors made me pass...
The Callaway on E bay, would be worth investigating...
I am not sure but, are those Dealer tags on it??? If so, S&S...financing!!!!!!!!!
Hppe you have a car by August and will convoy up w/ Turbo Luigi to Carlsisle as I guarantee it will be show not to miss!!!
Later *89x2*

stoudt's callaway

I too drove their number 69 car. When in the showroom I noticed oil drops on the floor . When I asked about them they said it was because the car was sitting in the showroom. Yea right an oil leak is an oil leak.They have used the car in the local hill climb in Redding.Also he will not budge on the price at all even if offered cash. The front bumper has been painted twice. It has had six owners . Not very desirable if you ask me it also looks like the top was replaced . Well that is why I did not buy either car from them the number 13 car is kept outside in the weather. The top on that car looks weathered. The window is foggy on the top and dirty .

Re: stoudt's callaway

Well that is why I did not buy either car from them the number 13 car is kept outside in the weather. The top on that car looks weathered. The window is foggy on the top and dirty . [/B]

Not to mention the white car has a salvage title. He claims its never been wrecked and that there was a mix up in the state-to-state title transfer, but it has yet to be resolved. Im not a big fan of white on red.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom