Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 Convertible Value?

Triple Black

Corvette
1988 Black Convertible
Hello All,

I stumbled on this site while Googling and I have to say it is awesome. "my" vette actually belonged to my father who recently passed away. Unfortunately, as Executor of his estate I need to sell the car. I haven't been able to locate a site that can tell what the vehicle is worth. I'm wondering if anybody knows of a way of determining the value? I tried Kelley Blue Book but they don't go that far back ( it's an '88 ). I'm sick about selling it and I don't want to give it away. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Hello All,

I stumbled on this site while Googling and I have to say it is awesome. "my" vette actually belonged to my father who recently passed away. Unfortunately, as Executor of his estate I need to sell the car. I haven't been able to locate a site that can tell what the vehicle is worth. I'm wondering if anybody knows of a way of determining the value? I tried Kelley Blue Book but they don't go that far back ( it's an '88 ). I'm sick about selling it and I don't want to give it away. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Try www.edmunds.com
Good luck sorry to hear about your dad

If your close to Sioux Falls SD get in contact with the corvette club there. I am sure the members can give you and idea ..
Sorry to hear you have lost your dad.. any way you could keep the Vette ?

Glenn
:w

Thanks for the link and the kind words, I tried but Edmunds also only goes back to model year 1990.

G Winter,

Thank you for your kind words. The problem with keeping the car is that there are three siblings that all want it and no one will budge on working out some deal. It's a shame because the car is beautiful.

Sorry about your dad.Over here there was just an 87 vert,89,000 miles in good shape for $6500.

How about I buy it,,,,, in six months I don't like it you buy it back from me.:thumb

Glenn
:w

I checked NADA which is the guide that car dealers use...not Kelly Blue Book. They also don't go as far back as 1988.

Tell me everything about the car...mileage, options, stick/auto, etc., and I'll try to come up with a suggested retail price. However, let me forewarn you...C4 sales are way down, especially at this time of year. Chances are that this car will not sell very soon. But let's see what happens.

Elaine

I checked NADA which is the guide that car dealers use...not Kelly Blue Book. They also don't go as far back as 1988.

Tell me everything about the car...mileage, options, stick/auto, etc., and I'll try to come up with a suggested retail price. However, let me forewarn you...C4 sales are way down, especially at this time of year. Chances are that this car will not sell very soon. But let's see what happens.

Elaine

Elaine,

Sorry for the delay in my response to you. I was able to locate a partial invoice for the car. It lists the following as options included:

1YY67 Convertible top
AC1 6-way pwr pass. seat
AC3 6-way pwr drv. seat
AR9 ABB2 Black paint
C68 Electronic Air Cond.
DL8 Electric heated mirrors
D74 Illuminated Lefthand visor mirror
UU8 Delco-Bose system
L98 5.7
MXO Auto trans with overdrive
Z52 Sport handling pkg.

The car has 32,000 miles on it, definitely showroom condition, 1 owner. All gauges work. Everything is original except a K&N air filter, Eagle GS-c tires, and Mid-America stainless mufflers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gregg

NADA will go back that far. When you are on the home page click classics on the tool bar. Sorry for your loss.

88 convertible value...new situation

Thanks everyone for your help. I agree, the NADA numbers look pretty optimistic, but I guess it is a starting point. I guess I can put my checkbook back in my pocket...

Today I ran into a new situation. The car has been sitting for two tears, so today I put a new battery in it. Wow,that is quite a process! The car fired on about the 5th turn of the key. I was going to let it idle for awhile but after about two minutes it started to smoke from under the hood. It looks like the smoke was coming from up around the intake plenum. Does anybody have information as far as electrical problems with these cars? I certainly don't want the car to go up in flames! Thanks

Gregg

My 88 triple black

I just got a triple black 88 convertible back in Aug.

I have a later model 6-speed manual installed though, 105K miles and some pitting on the chrome wheels. The car was bottomed out a few times but up above everything is in very good condition (not showroom but great sheen in the paint, seats look like they were redone in the past 10 years and everything works).

I only paid $6k with another $2k invested to get new rubber and the little kinks worked out so that it is mechanically sound). I'm in NJ if that helps at all.

Good luck with everything. Sry about your dad.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom