Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 Seats

muddywaters

Corvette
1988 white 4+3 coupe 99 Torch Red 6spd. coupe
Hi, I want to redo the seats in my 88 coupe, they are sport seats, does anyone have a supplier for covers other than Eckler's, etc. Also, I can fix most things, is it something a novice can handle? Or should I seek a pro? Thanks;shrug

I took the old seat covers off the foam for a forum member who wanted a shot seat for a template. I couldn't believe how many clips and rings I had to cut off just to separate the leather from the foam!

I'm very handy as well, but I don't think I'd want to try to install new leather for what it costs. If the material were a lot cheaper, yeah, I would.

The materials are going to cost you several hundred dollars, take them to an upholstery shop, JMHO.

Thanks 3dale1, I figured it wasn't a piece or cake, I've never attempted it before, I think I'll pass this time. Any suggestions on where to get the skins/foam besides the usual? Been to a few local upols. and they're not very helpful. They must have lots of work.

There is a local upholsterer up here who redid a friends 86 seats last winter. I can't remember where he got the materials (I think it was a true upholstery source, not MAM, Ecklers, etc.) I will swing by tomorrow to ask him and I'll get back to ya.
Joe

Hi, I want to redo the seats in my 88 coupe, they are sport seats, does anyone have a supplier for covers other than Eckler's, etc. Also, I can fix most things, is it something a novice can handle? Or should I seek a pro? Thanks;shrug
Corvette Central sells all the components, but like 3 dale says, it looks lik a hell of job!

Live on Muddy Waters "You got a boy child's com-in'.....he gon' be a son-of-gun"
(McKinley Morgenfield)

- Tom

Thanks 3dale1. tdr1919, a deceased friend gave me that moniker(Muddywaters) in the early 70's when we were all into off-roading and had CJ-5 Jeeps ,since we live by abandoned mine lands, there was a large area to ride. That became my CB call sign. Today we ride the same minelands, now with ATV's, I've adapted a CB to it and it makes it interesting to have instant comm. w/fellow riders. (Iknow it's old hat, but like I said it makes it interesting. Cell phones are carried also). On other sites I use MW also, so most know me by it.

He was awol at the shop yesterday, and today I never got over there:W !
I haven't forgot, though.;)

Muddywaters,
I got to talk to the upholsterer today. The seats he did up for my friend were not leather, but soft-side naugehyde.

Material, including new foam, and labor was around $350.

Granted, thats not leather, but they looked very good I thought that was a hellova price. And, he has a real good reputation around Bradford Co. Let me know if you'd like his contact info.

:beer , Joe

Muddywaters,
I got to talk to the upholsterer today. The seats he did up for my friend were not leather, but soft-side naugehyde.

Material, including new foam, and labor was around $350.

Granted, thats not leather, but they looked very good I thought that was a hellova price. And, he has a real good reputation around Bradford Co. Let me know if you'd like his contact info.

:beer , Joe

Wow! that's affordable wish he was closer to LI NY!
Tom

Wow! that's affordable wish he was closer to LI NY!
Tom

Yea Tom, I am about 4-5 hours away from NYC if you went out 80 to 380 to US 6:
I'd guess about the same by Rte 17 all the way up but not familiar with that route.
Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom