Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 Vette Security system

Ol'Scratch

Corvette
1988 35th Anniversary Edition
Howdy Folk!!... :w

I had a shop replace my Fuel Regulator Valve, and EGR Valve. Now they can't get it to start. Yes, they disconnected the battery (as per procedure). I recently replaced the battery and had no problems with the VATS system. Anyway... when you insert the key and turn it on, the security system light in the info center continuously blinks. They starter will crank the engine but it won't start. Then you have to wait 4 minutes before trying again (from information I found out in the "search" bin). Now they are telling me that there is a sensor in the door that has gone bad. :ugh That doesn't sound right to me. Opening the passenger door (locking and unlocking with key) doesn't work either. I also read that if the (?) ECM won't allow the injectors to work unless it reads 4 psi oil pressure. Now the sending unit it close to the distributer, he might have disconnected the sensor wire and not have put it back. But after emailing the suggestion to him... I've heard nothing but the crickets chirping as a reply. :chuckle Is there a sensor in the door?? or are they "Spreadin' Th' Bull" Any suggestions??...

Thanks for any replies

Vats

Sounds like time for a FSM. There must be something related to the doors if the alarm will go off while it's armed (DAMHIK). Have you tried cleaning the key along with the spot in the ignition kit it contacts? Just some random thoughts.

Sounds like time for a FSM. There must be something related to the doors if the alarm will go off while it's armed (DAMHIK). Have you tried cleaning the key along with the spot in the ignition kit it contacts? Just some random thoughts.

I can disable VATS for you in the chip. You will need your chip reprogrammed. $50 shipped. Let me know

There must be something related to the doors if the alarm will go off while it's armed
Have you tried cleaning the key along with the spot in the ignition kit it contacts? Just some random thoughts.
The door switches relate to forced entry ; blow the horn.Have nothing to do with engine running

VATS takes out the injectors and the starter
If the engine cranks over then the key is being read correctly by the VATS module ( unless a PO bypassed the starter relay ! ) in which case it could be a VATS / key fault
(is very un-common to have the starter function but not the injectors ,the starter enable relay operated by VATS typically fails 1st )

The oil pressure switch is only a backup to the fuel pump relay ; has no relation to engine start / run

Need to pull the computer codes and see if a VATS fault is present , if not then check for injector pulse.
There are other non VATS related things that will cause the injectors not to fire

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom