Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

89 Vette motor in my 84 with crossfire

I don't think you can just disconnect the knock sensor as it will retard badly when the engine gets to 190+ degrees , I think you need to put a 4.7k 1/4watt resistor on the wire that goes to the KS and then ground that. It fools the ecu that the KS is still active but just wont retard any. I might be wrong , as this is what is required on my 86 to disable the KS - might not work for an 84
I would diss the ECU and use a carb/intake and a a MSD dizzy or the like and go old school.

Chip

These guy just did a chip for my budget build posting give them a look www.Motorvation.tv

It cost me $160.00 for a stage 2 chip is a piggy back type.

My cam 214/214 @.050 490/490 Duration with .447/.447 lift Using a TPI Hi Flow intake SPL runners, Trick flow 23 @ 195 heads, 24# injectors

The bad thing about this after I purchased the chip I fpound out the guy next door has the program on his laptop to do it for me.
But the good thing is I change to motor around I now now who I can go to.

I don't think you can just disconnect the knock sensor as it will retard badly when the engine gets to 190+ degrees ,
:thumb

On my '87 ('165 ) setup ,the ECM advances spark enough at startup to generate a knock signal to determine if KC is working correctly.
If not it will throw a code and not give any spark advance over 1500 rpm once up to operating temp
which could account for his
" does not accelerate very good"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom