Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

9 1/2" Ralleye wheels

R

RalleyRed

Does anyone know if these were all custom made or could you get'em from GM.

The center caps and trim rings fit perfect.

Is there a company that makes these?

I've got 3 and I'm thinking about putting a set on the rear of my vette.

Rick

Chris,

I measured these years ago.

I just went and remeasured, they are actually only 8 7/8" outside to outside and roughly 7 15/16" bead to bead.

I would've sworn they were 91/2" outside to outside. Sorry for the miss information.

Btw, Chris when talking about stock rim sizes are the measurements from bead to bead or outside to outside.

My stock rims are 7", would what I've got be worth the effort of sandblasting and painting.

Thanks,

Rick

That is what I thought you would find. The 7" variety (inside bead to inside bead) are very common.

Are they worth it? Well, that is up to you. The 8" style came on the older Vettes, and the high output camaros, monte carlos, Novas, etc. It use to look really cool to put the 7" ralleys on the front, and 8" on the rear (made them look like a dragster/hot rod).

Rims are very confusing as the outside to outside is the most often shade tree measurement.

The 8" are the most desireable, and are being reproduced in the aftermarket pretty regular. I have seen people with original 8" rims asking a fortune for them.

I gave away severl 7" rims a few years ago to a friend of mine.

Check on the Camaro/Monte/Nova, forums, as there are dozens of members there trying to get rid of 8" ones.

So I gave away a complete set of 8" to get these "original 7" " rims. Now I'm looking to go back to what I started out with!:hb

Maybe I'll wait and get something better after I fry these. ;stupid

Thanks again Chris

My same buddy with the Corvette Summer hood, and cut out hood also has a two sets of ralley rims (8") and at least one full set of trim rings.

He told me to tell you to make a reasonable offer. They need to be sanded down, repainted etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom