Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

90 Carpet

L

Loaded 90

Is there a difference in the texture of 1990 carpet and lets say the 1996 carpet. Mine is kind of rough feeling not velvety like the 1996 my buddy has. If so what year did it change?

Mac

oooh, that is a good corvette trivia question... after '93 for sure... I think it was when the updated the interior in '94

'84-early '93's had Cut Pile carpet, mid '93 they changed to what was called "TruVette" carpet and used that through the '96 models on the C4. ;)

Cut Pile is rough. TruVette is more vel"vette"y. :)

While on the subject, Does anyone know if a TruVette carpet kit would have any fit problems if installed in my '91? When I replace the carpet I would prefer to use "Truvette".

Thanks in advance. Spidey :w

I am taking that walk down memory lane to my '93 and I am trying to think of the differences... First off, do you have two rear compartments or one? I know for sure '93-96 has 1, and i think they got rid of the other one in '92, not '91.... also, '96 has no carpet on the uderside of the passenger Dash, there is a matching color plastic part there instead. Oh, and don't forget the glove box... '96 has a matching piece of carpet in there too:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom