Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

90 Convertible still runs bad!

skitch

Corvette
'90 Artic White Convertible
I have replaced all the injectors and the intake gaskets and MAP sensor. The car acts like its starving for air. I have even taking the exhaust loose because there is not much exhaust coming out. It runs just like it did before any work was done on it. It don't show any codes.I do have the Factory Service Manual also. Any Ideas?
thanks

I have replaced all the injectors and the intake gaskets and MAP sensor. The car acts like its starving for air. I have even taking the exhaust loose because there is not much exhaust coming out. It runs just like it did before any work was done on it. It don't show any codes.I do have the Factory Service Manual also. Any Ideas?
thanks

Have you checked the cats?

Thats why I took the exhaust loose, thinking it could be stopped up. I took it loose before the cats.It will start up and run alittle but acts like its smothering.

I'll try that. it seems to be starving for air. fumes strong.

I'll try that. it seems to be starving for air. fumes strong.

Too much fuel is the same thing as not enough air.......

if the exhaust/gas fumes are strong, look at why or how the system is adding the extra fuel.
Look at the plugs to see if they are burnt white from lean firing or if they are brown & wet or darker from running rich.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom