Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

90 headlight motor

• Thread starter Thread starter jwn4854
  • Start date Start date
J

jwn4854

heard a noise under the hood this am. had not run the car in a week and the passenger headlight motor was making a noice and the knob was turning. i turned on the lights and they opened but would not close. the motor kept running and the knob turning. i unplugged the wire, the driver headlight door closed but i had to turn the knob to close the passenger headlight door and went to work.
anyone have a suggestion. thanks joe

It sounds like clutch bushings in the motor. Just did mine this week. Go to one of the catalogs like mid america and buy the bushing kit. They are $5 per pack of 3. Buy 2 kits one for each side. If the other motor is ok now it will do the same thing real soon.
Go to the link below for a pretty good repair detail

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2002/february/c4lights/light1.ASP

Sounds like the three little plastic bushings in the pass side assembly are warn out. I had the same problem on my '90, I got new gear sets from one of the catalogs. Cured my problems.

Good Luck

thanks, i will get em ordered and get em fixed. i did have this door stay open one time last summer. must have been the beginning. do you recommed doing both sides?
joe

jwn4854 said:
thanks, i will get em ordered and get em fixed. i did have this door stay open one time last summer. must have been the beginning. do you recommed doing both sides?
joe
Yes its only a matter of time. All the factory gel type bushings turn to dust. Its not hard to do. The first side took me an hour. I did the second side in 30 min. Heres the instruction linkhttp://www.corvettemagazine.com/2002/february/c4lights/light1.ASP
Good luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom