Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'90 Right Side Lower Trim Panel Removal

1990-C4-41001

Corvette
1990 Coupe
I'm trying to remove the passenger side lower trim panel on a 90 coupe so I can clean out a mouse nest that apparently has been there for years. Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be any wiring damage since everything works properly but I want to inspect it to make certain.

Anyway, the trim piece will not slip downward once the hardware has been removed.

Using the FSM, I removed the hardware as instructed. The carpet appears to be stapled and glued to the lower trim panel and perhaps to other parts of the dash as well. (Because the upper edge of the trim panel's carpet is under the dash pad, I can't tell for sure.)

The FSM simply says to take the screws loose as well as disconnect the courtesy light and the floor outlet duct once you can get to them. Since I cannot work the part loose, I never get to them.

Any ideas why it will not slip down once the screws are removed? (Two screws on the bottom on the trim panel plus the ones associated with the fuse panel trim plate and those beneath it.)

Thanks very much.

There is a screw behind the fuse panel cover. Open the fuse box door and remove three screws that hold the cover on. Remove the cover and you will see a screw behind it. The carpet is not attached to the under cover. Make sure you remove the screw way up toward the front underneath. It will drop right down.

Thank you for the reply but I did remove the fuse cover and all the 7mm hardware that is behind it. There were only two 7mm hex head screws visible on the underside of the trim panel and I removed those too. These screws and the fuse panel screws were shown in the FSM and they are out now.

Are you saying that there is another screw on the underside of the panel besides the two that I removed?

Thanks again for answering and trying to help.

So much for depending on the FSM to show all the hardware.
I'll have a go at locating the last screw tomorrow.

Thanks again for replying.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom