Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 90 zr1: fuel additives (redline) use or not?

italian job

Corvette
1990 zr1
Redline offer a fuel additive called "complete fuel cleaner SI 1" they say this additive can clean valeves and injectors.
Someone know if this additive can be dangerous for the LT5 fuel system ? :confused

I've used it since I bought my car in 2007, and a friend of mine has been using it in his '94 which he bought new since it's been available. Both cars run great and show no ill effects.

Rich 'REBel' Ballou
REBELZ '92 Yellou/Black #031

I use Red Line SI-1 4 oz per 10 gallons of gas at every third or fourth fill-up.

It keeps the engines' injectors "clean as a whistle" and I've verified that by not only removing all 16 injectors for visual inspection but I've had a set run on this SI-1 treatement flow tested and they actually flowed slightly better than they did when new.

I heartily recommend SI-1. It's the only injector cleaner I've used since I discovered it about ten years ago.

If you've never used a detergent-based injector cleaner before and you believe you may have a modest case of injector fouling, the first thing to do is the "shock treatment" which is one whole bottle of SI-1 per tankful of gas for three sucessive fill-ups. After that go to the "maintenance dosage" which is the 4 oz per 10 gal every 3rd/4th fill-up.

Good luck.

many thanks for very useful reply Hib :) I had a bit fear using the additive...will perform the shock treatment as soon as possible!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom