Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 90zr1 front arm bolt how to remove?

italian job

Corvette
1990 zr1
Hi all, I'm going to replace my old front arm bushings these days. I have all ready to pull out the lower arm, but the rear bolt is stopped by a car's frame item, that is bolted to the main frame and where engine mounts are bolted too. So I can't pull out the bolt unless I remove the frame item too...
This sound bad to me, maybe there is another way?
Any suggestion?
I know my english language is not too good, so please take a look to my pic for well understand my problem. Pic taken from under the car.

Thanks all.

I don't know how to do that, but you might also try posting the same question at the ZR1 NetRegistry.

ZR-1 Net Registry Home Page

They have a forum section over there as well.

Good Luck!

From what I remember the ZR1 and non ZR1 Vette share the same frame set up. What's in the picture stopping the bolt removal is only a frame brace. Took both of them off of mine with out any effect on the engine. There should be another pad in which the mount sits on. The bolt and nut pictured goes through that pad and the brace.

Your vette is ZR1? the frame set up was different from base vette because zr1 has same frame reinforcements also used on Z51 and Z52 packages and not used on base vette.
Also I'm sure this frame brace is bolted to engine mounts too....:confused

From what I remember the ZR1 and non ZR1 Vette share the same frame set up. What's in the picture stopping the bolt removal is only a frame brace. Took both of them off of mine with out any effect on the engine. There should be another pad in which the mount sits on. The bolt and nut pictured goes through that pad and the brace.

The frame "braces" beneath the front end and connecting the frame rails to the front crossmember are not specific to ZR1, Z51 or Z52.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom