Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

91 Clutch Replacement Instructions Needed

rkew

Corvette
Roman Red '62 and Competition Yellow '91 Coupe
Does anybody know of a set of clutch replacement instructions that are more detailed than those found in the GM service manual? If so, how can I get my hands on them.

Also, can anybody comment on the differences, if any, between the clutch replacement in a '92 and a '91 (LT1 vs. L98). I'm guessting/hoping the biggest differences, if any, are simply the bolt locations and torque specs.

Years ago I was given a '92 GM service manual, which I figure is 90% accurate (engine aside) for my '91, so I chose not to incur the expense of buying a manual for my '91. I'm looking to avoid spending $140 (or so) for the '91 manual just to change my clutch.

Thank you,

Ryan

clutch replacement

when you replace your clutch do not replace the flywheel with a one piece
if yours is a dual-mass style!
you will not be happy with the driveline noise in 5th or 6th speeds

i did and i hope santa will bring me a new dual-mass one for christmas

good luck

Dual-mass

when you replace your clutch do not replace the flywheel with a one piece
if yours is a dual-mass style!
you will not be happy with the driveline noise in 5th or 6th speeds

i did and i hope santa will bring me a new dual-mass one for christmas

good luck

My clutch in my 91 just went this week , anybody know what it is going to cost to replace and install?;help

Does anybody know of a set of clutch replacement instructions that are more detailed than those found in the GM service manual? If so, how can I get my hands on them.

Also, can anybody comment on the differences, if any, between the clutch replacement in a '92 and a '91 (LT1 vs. L98). I'm guessting/hoping the biggest differences, if any, are simply the bolt locations and torque specs.

Years ago I was given a '92 GM service manual, which I figure is 90% accurate (engine aside) for my '91, so I chose not to incur the expense of buying a manual for my '91. I'm looking to avoid spending $140 (or so) for the '91 manual just to change my clutch.

Thank you,

Ryan
Theres not much difference,if any!! I don't even think bolt locations will be different!!Mostly just electronic differences from 91-92!:upthumbs

Not figuring for a master or slave cylinder, I found the flywheel, and clutch kit with bearings for about $1100

Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom