Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

91 rear gears or switch to Dana44

Ethan

Corvette
1991 L98 Coupe
Going to change ratio from 2.59 to 3.54 in the dana36 or more cost effective to buy a used dana 44 out of a six speed car with 3.45,s any comments welcome ,cost on a used dana44 verses ring and pinion plus labor on the 36.

Ethan said:
Going to change ratio from 2.59 to 3.54 in the dana36 or more cost effective to buy a used dana 44 out of a six speed car with 3.45,s any comments welcome ,cost on a used dana44 verses ring and pinion plus labor on the 36.

What is your intended purpose? better acceleration for daily cruising? OR for more Drag racing/Strip duty..

If Mainly for Drag Racing the Dana 44 would be better, if to the occassional drag strip visit and mainly cruising the 3.54 in the Dana 36 would be fine.

My friend has a 3.54 Dana 36 in his 94 vette. maybe he will chime in

91 rear gears

If you dont mind ask your bud how much dough to switch to 3.54 in the dana 36.If I can get a used dana 44 out of a six speed car with 3.45 Ill go that route . It,s fixing to see lots o strip time. :):eek

Re: 91 rear gears

Ethan said:
If you dont mind ask your bud how much dough to switch to 3.54 in the dana 36.If I can get a used dana 44 out of a six speed car with 3.45 Ill go that route . It,s fixing to see lots o strip time. :):eek

I will check with him

I bought a complete Dana 36 rear pumpkin w/ 3.54 gear from Ed @ Parts for Vettes or something like that. If you need the contact info I can dig it up for you, drop me an email if you need it.
John Panuzzo and Mackey bought thier Dana 44's from the same guy, he is out East.
I think I paid around $1200 no core for it, came with all new internals & a brand new gear set.
At the time I couldn't swing a 44 which was around $2100+.
If you're going to be racing alot then go with the D44.
I only make it to the track about 5-6 times a year, this year I have only made it twice so far.

Hey vettn94...

It's about time you replied :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom