Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

91 Vert Storage Lid

R

rfh11

Hello,
I have a 91 Vert that the storage lid will not open. I have checked all the fuses and can't find a problem there. Can the lid be opened manually? If so,how do you do it. I have tried the three buttons,one in the door,one in the console,and one under the storage lid. All worked prior to this. Will not open. Thanks for your help. Also, what will I be looking for and where that has gone bad.

Randy

The deck lid can be opened manually by locating the black lanyard on each side of the top stowage area.

Standing on one side of the car, just aft of the seatback, reach under the lid and feel around for a plastic-coated, cable lanyard that has a loop in the free end.

Pull the lanyard aft, then go to the other side of the car and repeat. The lid should pop open.

Deck Lid

Airbus,
Thanks for the reply. I will try your suggestion when I get home. Any idea what is causing the lid not to release.

Thanks,
Randy

Do you have the Factory Service Manual?

If you do, we can hook up by phone using the two copies and I might be able to walk you through a little troubleshooting.

(will be out till about 8 pm central this eve.)

Airbus,
I do have the manuals. I didn't see the response until today. I can call you in the evening,whenever it is convenient.

Thanks,
randy

Airbus,
I do have the manuals. I didn't see the response until today. I can call you in the evening,whenever it is convenient.

Thanks,
randy

Call me tonight, we'll look at the books and, hopefully, come up with a troubleshooting plan.

Airbus/memphis? FedEx?
Anyhow, I've been having a similar problem with the deck lid on my 90. The deck lid kept popping up on it's own and the actuators would click open randomly. I pulled the fuse and pulled back the carpet and insulation back there. I found the connectors for the deck lid actuators were wet and the depressions where the wires go through the body to the tail light were completely filled with water. I use a long 1/8" drill to drill a drain hole at the bottom of each depression to let the water out. Most of the wiring and connectors are on the passenger side.

If you look at how they did the drainage for the deck lid it doesn't work well if you car is pointed up hill, especially when you wash it pointed up hill!

Scott

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom