Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

92 fan solution

F

FordNoMore!

Hello all,Glad to say I just luv driving this Vette,Bouya!!!!Just a quick question concerning activating my fan(s) when i want to, I know there is another post similiar, but I have noticed the placement for fan relays have varied between different years, So that is why I post again on the subject. MY Goal> to operate fans manually, instead of waiting till coolant temp hits 228 like it does now, I have heard tapping into fan relay, but what wires and what relay ,one or both.any suggestions would be great....RoCkOn..PeAcE.

Black w/pink and black w/red to a relay under the hood run by a toggle switch in the cabin. The "black w/" wires are the power wires to the fans. Use a relay so you don't burn up your toggle switch. Wiring the fans this way will let the computer think it's in control (no trouble codes), and will let the computer turn on the fans if you forget.

Steve

fordnomore

GM's usually have a green wire with a white strip this is the ground wire from the temp sensor tap into this wire and run it to your switch this will turn the fans on, if in doubt of the color find the temp sender and tap in from there ... your fan relays I believe are mounted on the left side of the radiator

Another option would be to have the fan settings changed in the chip, you can set both fans to come on at the same time and can set the fans to come on at 180 and off at 170, and add a 160 stat.
This should make your car run cool, unless your radiator is blocked up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom