Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'93 40th Anniv Ruby Red Coupe

Corvette
'96 Grand Sport Coupe
13,300 miles, automatic trans. This car is loaded including FX-3 Select Ride, Smoke glass top, G92 performance axle ratio, Bose CD, Sport seats. There is no wear on the interior. The floor mats have been covered since new. This car has been kept in a climate controlled environment all its life. Everything is original except a new battery. I just had all of the fluids changed recently including flushing the radiator, transmission including torque converter, rear end, and Mobil 1 synthetic in the engine. All original paperwork and owners manuals are with the car except the window sticker (dealer tore it up removing it). Car cover included. Must sell. $19,000 OBO. 217-824-9715 (Illinois) or e-mail: dbooth1@consolidated.net

That seems like a fair price, wish I could make a quick sale on mine. I always wanted a Ruby, it's my favorite color. Good luck, you should not have trouble selling that car.

Thanks. I have checked a lot of prices on Ruby cars, Corvette & Chevy Trader, Hemmings, forums, local trader newpapers, etc and have found no cars with these options and 13K miles for anywhere near $19K. I am a little negotiable on price but not much. I almost have my wife talked into letting me keep it and the Grand Sport both!! I still like the color combination of the Ruby car the best of anything out there. Not that I don't like the GS colors, but I personally like the ruby better. I have several coats of Zaino on it and it looks awesome. My neighbor came over this afternoon and is trying to convince his wife he needs it. He wasn't aware I even had it for sale. I know personally that it's hard to find a ruby with the FX3 option and everything working on the car. I spent months trying to find this one. Lots of them out there with things that don't work and lots of miles on them. I figure that a car this nice for $18500-19000 is a great deal in the automobile world. I have a Tahoe that was $42K. I'd much rather drive the vette that costs half the price.

You have my all time C4 favorites. Ruby is #1 and the Grand Sport is #2. too bad you live so far from me, I would be tempted to make you an offer and hope to sell mine. It's an 88 with 57K miles. In three years, I've replaced Brakes F & R, battery, computer, shocks, Y pipe and mufflers , A/C compressor, and just today the headlights bushings and a part in the wiper motor. Good luck again with the sale. HG

HG, I also agree with you about the Ruby being my favorite car. There's a lot more story that goes with my car that I didn't tell. It has the new updated optispark and a new battery also. I have 2 people that have looked at the car and both can't believe the condition. One guy is trying to sell his car first (he has 2 people also looking at his) but he has almost decided to buy mine and worry about selling his later based on my price and condition of the car. The second person is just trying to figure out a place to store it. I told them both that they better not wait too long because it will be gone.

My wife came out into the garage this evening and said she thinks we should just keep the Ruby also since we spent so long looking for a mint condition car with the FX3. I said "what??" keep it too? I think she was having a mental lapse! It is a beautiful car, plus I just bought some chrome ZR1 reproduction wheels to put on it a month ago. I haven't installed them yet since I don't have tires. I bought all 9.5" wheels instead of the 11" for the back. Plus I wanted to keep the original wheels in perfect shape. The original owner had also taken the original wheels off and stored them, which is why there are no marks on them at all. We'll see how things go in the next few days.

What kind of price are you looking for on your car? I know a guy looking for a car. He's not particular about the year, just looking for a nice driver reasonably priced. I would sure mention it to him.

Dave

Actually, I haven't given that much thought. Based on the prices I see in this area, I think 10.5K to 11k would be a good price. The car is in very good condition. We havea dealer near here that usually gets in the 15K range for 86 & 87's. Winter is a good time to shop for a vette, not sell one. Good luck again on the sale of my favorite C4.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom