Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"93" door panel removal

Corvette
2001 navy 'vert
The "pull shut" handle on my right door came unscrewed. Can anybody tell me if there are any secrets to removing the door panel on a 93?? Thanks for any help, I need all I can get.....

If its the same as a 92 there are 11 screws holding it. the hidden ones are behind the door lamp, behind the window switch, and behind the door lock slide. To get the door lock slide off tou have to pry it off the rod its on while its in the unlock position. All the rest are visible on the bottom and sides. Also 2 on the door pull. Hope its the same as mine, which I can't seem to fix. Work is very boring tonight, the drinking won't start until midnight, think I'll just stare at the computer until then.

No..., there really aren't any secrets to removing the door panel. Just pay attention to the order of removal--unless you have a blown-up diagram--and undo the screws in order (as in, if you start at the top of the panel-go with that.) The manual door lock slide is a leverage job--go easy on it (its plastic and 12 years old).
Might as well do both panels and replace the quiet package while you're at it. Good luck!!! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom