Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'93 glass top on '92 coupe

I just purchased a used GM factory glass top from a '93 coupe for my '92 coupe. I was told it will fit. The top fits fine but the front screw holes will not line up, even after adjusting. The attaching screw holes are different between the the two tops. Has anybody else experienced this? Do they make an adaptor? What years interchange? Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

84 to early 86 are the same late 86 to 96 are the same there is about 2.5in. between these years 97 to 2002 are different still how much off are the screws? Try corvettettops.com

Garry:w

eliminator said:
84 to early 86 are the same late 86 to 96 are the same there is about 2.5in. between these years 97 to 2002 are different still how much off are the screws? Try corvettettops.com

Garry:w
Thank you Garry for your response,
It is a rare possibility that the top I purchased did not come factory on the '93, and he (seller) purchased it second hand. The screw holes are about 3/4 of an inch from lining up. The mounting bracket on the top that the screws fit into is different between the two tops and will not interchange. My next step is to check the part #s and call the local dealer. Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom