Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93 starter interupt switch ; ghost switch

fla10000

Corvette
1993 Coupe Black
Anyone have any ideas on where to cut to install a starter interupt switch that fucntions outside of the anti-theft alarm system? I have a stick. Maybe something to the distubutor as well as something to the starter?

I would appreciate any comments.

Starter disconnect

Go to a boat supply store (Eastern Marine is good) for a boat battery disconnect switch. Then wire it in the starter lead (not the main battery lead) so the alarm, etc. will remain active. This is a little more complicated than it sounds but is easy once you diagram it. The key is to separate the main feed to the instruments, etc. from the solenoid so that instrument feed stays connected to the battery even when the switch has removed power to the solenoid.
Alternatively, put a lower amp switch (20 or so) in the solenoid lead to the starter solenoid.
The more sure the switch, the bigger pita it will be for you to use it.
Either will prevent anything but a tow vehicle from getting your car.

Connect a 'Disable relay' that has a coil grounded through the cig lighter. push the lighter in to apply the 'disable'.

Theives will lose some hair figurin that one out.

I would put a switch in line with the neutral switch on the clutch. If memory serves me right the switch grounds out when you push the clutch down completing the circuit to the starter. If you were to splice a switch in there then the circuit would never ground out and the starter would never turn over.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom