Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93 Vet cooling fans

tim1

When I bought my vet the ASR light stayed on at all times. This morning poking around under the hood I found the cooling fans were HOTWIRED. I traced the wire back to the fuse box and it was hooked to ENG1. Pulled the fuse and it was blown. Unhooked the HOTWIRE and replaced ENG1 fuse. Started the motor and watched the fans and temp gauge. Gauge got to the center tick mark and no fans operating. Worried I was pressing my luck with an over heating problem, I turned on the AC and the secondary fan came on like it is suppose to. Is there any way to test the primary relay to see if it is bad or should I just purchase a new one and give it a try?

Thanks for any help
Tim

When I bought my vet the ASR light stayed on at all times. This morning poking around under the hood I found the cooling fans were HOTWIRED. I traced the wire back to the fuse box and it was hooked to ENG1. Pulled the fuse and it was blown. Unhooked the HOTWIRE and replaced ENG1 fuse. Started the motor and watched the fans and temp gauge. Gauge got to the center tick mark and no fans operating. Worried I was pressing my luck with an over heating problem, I turned on the AC and the secondary fan came on like it is suppose to. Is there any way to test the primary relay to see if it is bad or should I just purchase a new one and give it a try?

Thanks for any help
Tim
Primary cooling fan kicks on at about 226-228*,Secondary cooling fan kicks on at about 234-236* Unless AC is on and running less than 55 MPH,then it runs all the time the AC is on!~!!:thumb

Well there you are Junk....... I tried and tried to call you and I think I have the wrong number. Well let me tell you I got scared I was going to let the vette idle to long and get to hot, thats why I shut it down. I just went back out and started it again and said lets take another chance. The temp gauge kept climbing and I was getting ready to shut it down again. I turned on the AC to try to help cool it off a bit and a few seconds later the primary fan started running. So no more ASR light and now both fans working and the hotwire removed. Next step is to try and figure out why the brake pedal is so darn hard to push, almost like no power brakes at all. Send your suggestions this way. Junk how about an email with the phone numer of yours, might have to make a road trip to meet you if I get these bugs worked out.
Tim

Well more checking and thinking, almost out of brainwaves here. Now I have the ASR light out and both cooling fans running as they should.In the instrument cluster there is SYS flashing. According to the FSM page 8D-4, I need to ground pin "G" and turn on the ignition switch then the CCM should display any DTCs. Have I referanced this correctly and is this my next step? I want to get rid of all the idiot lights flashing at me.
Chime on in here Junk, help this transplanted yankee out....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom