Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 93 Vette injectors

SamRieger

Did a panic stop first of month in my 93 Vette, it sputtered and died, wouldn't restart. Towed home, coil was dead, replaced and now starts immediately and then dies. Injectors pulse only when accelerator is being pushed down, hold it steady, it dies, let up , it dies, keep pumping it, it stays running, revving and noid light flashes every time peddle goes down???? What is linked to accelerator movement to trigger pulses??

I've read on here that one bad injector can shut down the engine. Find out what the ohms are on each injector, do a comparison. Pintle valve may need cleaning as well. I would think the only thing related to the injector pulses would be the computer.

Grand junction bed and breakfast

Will try, I haven't done anything with injectors other than check the pulse thanks

Will try, I haven't done anything with injectors other than check the pulse thanks

RESULTS

If I did the ohm correctly, I got a reading of .11 on all of them. I left them in the manifold, pulled off the connector touched both prongs, meter started high and stopped at 0.11. I also, as stated earlier, noid lighted all the connectors and got pulse only when pushing the peddle down

I could be wrong but that seems low to me..I've always thought 12.6 to 13.2 was around normal. I'm open to correction.

That sounds about right. It may be the meter set up on k-ohms rather then ohms and this would account for about 11 ohms on each one. How about codes Sam, did you check for any?

That sounds about right. It may be the meter set up on k-ohms rather then ohms and this would account for about 11 ohms on each one. How about codes Sam, did you check for any?

Thank you also,, will check settings on meter, and I will do the paper clip on top right and bottom left pins.

Thank you also,, will check settings on meter, and I will do the paper clip on top right and bottom left pins.

still need to do paper clip reading, but, set meter to 200 ohm and they read 12.2-12.3 across the board. checked the injector connector voltage, and again I might have used the meter wrong, buy, it read 14.8-15.2 volts?? how is this possible. going to get codes over the weekend.

still need to do paper clip reading, but, set meter to 200 ohm and they read 12.2-12.3 across the board. checked the injector connector voltage, and again I might have used the meter wrong, buy, it read 14.8-15.2 volts?? how is this possible. going to get codes over the weekend.

Looks like good ohm readings to me. A lag in the meter may account for the voltage fluctuation. I wouldn't worry about that too much since 12v give or take will fire the injectors. Codes next would be a good thing, post back and I'm sure someone will help diagnose your issue. Lot's of great help here.

Looks like good ohm readings to me. A lag in the meter may account for the voltage fluctuation. I wouldn't worry about that too much since 12v give or take will fire the injectors. Codes next would be a good thing, post back and I'm sure someone will help diagnose your issue. Lot's of great help here.

Thanks again, hope to get it running soon!!

Thanks again, hope to get it running soon!!

Pins A&G==Codes come up as follows C12, 4-H4, 7-error, 9-H64 and H72,
\ Pins a&b blink 1-(1&2) I assume that's 1-12, Still starts and runs only if I keep pumping peddle

injector ohms were 12.3 & 12.4 on all 8

user_online.gif

Pins A&G==Codes come up as follows C12, 4-H4, 7-error, 9-H64 and H72,
\ Pins a&b blink 1-(1&2) I assume that's 1-12, Still starts and runs only if I keep pumping peddle

injector ohms were 12.3 & 12.4 on all 8

user_online.gif

​Sent you an e-mail Sam...

Did a panic stop first of month in my 93 Vette, it sputtered and died, wouldn't restart. Towed home, coil was dead, replaced and now starts immediately and then dies. Injectors pulse only when accelerator is being pushed down, hold it steady, it dies, let up , it dies, keep pumping it, it stays running, revving and noid light flashes every time peddle goes down???? What is linked to accelerator movement to trigger pulses??

The injectors are not linked directly to the accelerator pedal.

What sets injector pulse width is the engine computer. It takes in a lot of data from sensors, such as TPS, MAP, O2 and so forth, then sets the pulse width.

Pins A&G==Codes come up as follows C12, 4-H4, 7-error, 9-H64 and H72,\ Pins a&b blink 1-(1&2) I assume that's 1-12, Still starts and runs only if I keep pumping peddle

"C12" means no CCM codes
"H4" has to be a mistake. It needs to be a C or an H followed by two characters.
"7-error" is confusing as there is no "module 7" on a 93.
"9-H64" is a TPS fault related to ASR
"H72" is a serial data link fault also related to ASR.

My wild-assed guess is there is a problem with traction control which has affected the TPS. If the TPS is faulty, all kinds of response problems could be present.

To solve those codes you need the Factory Service Manual. You can get a 93 FSM from CAC sponsor, Zip Products.

[/quote]injector ohms were 12.3 & 12.4 on all 8 [/quote]

I'd say there is no problem with the coils in the injectors.

Last edited:

Hey Sam,

From Hib's input about the TPS;
Just something to check is the ASR motor. It has three cables from what I can remember. On an abrupt stop many years ago one of the cables slipped because the lock didn't hold. It just might be a thing to look at since it's right on top, just remove the plastic cover and do a visual. I forget what kind of problem I had but it was related to the TPS from what I can remember.

Hey Sam,

Just something to check is the ASR motor. It has three cables from what I can remember. On an abrupt stop many years ago one of the cables slipped because the lock didn't hold. It just might be a thing to look at since it's right on top, just remove the plastic cover and do a visual. I forget what kind of problem I had but it was related to the TPS from what I can remember.

Thanks, and I will check that this weekend, code check on pins A&B did 12 three times, 41 three times and 12 three times, so it would be code 41, which is check wiring at ECM, poss prom failure or incorrectly seated prom. I will check and clean these. What is the best way to check ASR motor,, and I will check on forum also

Hey Sam,

Thanks, and I will check that this weekend, code check on pins A&B did 12 three times, 41 three times and 12 three times, so it would be code 41, which is check wiring at ECM, poss prom failure or incorrectly seated prom. I will check and clean these. What is the best way to check ASR motor,, and I will check on forum also

Great...ECM connection maybe, hope it resolves it. What I meant by the asr motor check was the cables. Make sure there is not a lot of slack in any of them. I may have gotten on my car at the time when it happened so not sure sure if it would be affected by sudden stop. Anyway Sam, I have the manuals for the car if you need any info I can e-mail it to you. Sounds like you're on the right track though. Don't forget the codes will be erased when battery is disconnected on ODB1 which our cars have. The 94 started with OBD2.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom