Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93 vette wont turn over after replacing battery

buster bb

Corvette
93 aqua blue
I left my fog lights on 3 days when replaced battery would not turn over and i have no dash cluster lit up everything else works starter good jumped it started tried all tricks no security light on is it vats or ecu?

Last edited:
HELP...still no dash on no crank

been on this 2 weeks need help tested everything still no dash on left side no security light and wont crank over jumped starter turns over jump rely turns over key good reads out exaxtly what key reads to vats so no need by pass what else to try night mare before I ship to chevy service....

been on this 2 weeks need help tested everything still no dash on left side no security light and wont crank over jumped starter turns over jump rely turns over key good reads out exaxtly what key reads to vats so no need by pass what else to try night mare before I ship to chevy service....

The Central Control Module (CCM) controls the Security light, displays the information for the Dash Cluster LCD and grounds the Starter Enable Relay to enable the starter to crank the engine.

Normal operation is when you insert the key and turn the ignition On, the Security
bulb lights for a second then goes off indicating the key pellet was read properly.

The CCM has three fuses. You need to use a volt meter and verify there is 12 volts.
Fuse CCM #1 is Hot in Run Bulb Test or Start
Fuse CCM #2 is Hot at all times
Fuse CCM #3 is Hot in Run

When you open either door, does the courtesy lights in the interior come on?
When you close the doors do the lights time out after about 20 seconds?
If you turn the ignition On and open a door, does the Door Ajar light come on?
These are all controlled by the CCM.

thanks

QUOTE=ecss;1157052]The Central Control Module (CCM) controls the Security light, displays the information for the Dash Cluster LCD and grounds the Starter Enable Relay to enable the starter to crank the engine.

Normal operation is when you insert the key and turn the ignition On, the Security
bulb lights for a second then goes off indicating the key pellet wasjread properly.

The CCM has three fuses. You need to use a volt meter and verify there is 12 volts.
Fuse CCM #1 is Hot in Run Bulb Test or Start
Fuse CCM #2 is Hot at all times
Fuse CCM #3 is Hot in Run

When you open either door, does the courtesy lights in the interior come on?
When you close the doors do the lights time out after about 20 seconds?
If you turn the ignition On and open a door, does the Door Ajar light come on?
These are all controlled by the CCM.[/QUOTE]

Thanks none of those things u mentioned work. No dash no light security or door alarms or lights tested everything else must be ccm looks like fun to get to on 93

I would check your grounds first before replacing anything. I think one is right under the battery that leads directly to the battery terminal. Check the ground pin on the CCM connector to make sure your in good shape.

Good luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom