Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 94 C4 Cooling fans stating at 108/112*C instead 104/109*C

R

ReDevil2

;helpHi,
On my 94 C4 Cooling fan No.1 starts at 108*C and cooling fan no.2 at 112*C. These settings are for model "VIN J". My car is model "VIN P" /(LT 1 engine).For model "VIN P" cooling fans should start: No.1 fan at 104*C; No0.2 fan at 109*C.
Can these temperature settins be changed? Where are these settings stored? In ROM, RAM, or EEPROM. These settings are apparently wrong and I am curious is it possible that there are some other settings which are wrong? I suppose these settings are in EEPROM, or I have wrong ROM installed (if it is possible). There is one thing to mention, car is for European market export. Please advice.
Thanks

Yes, the fans can be reset. I can't think in Celsius!:boogie

You will need a laptop, a cable for the interface, and tuning software.

Thank you for info

:) Thanks for info.
Here are Celsius/Farenheit relations. 108*C=226*F; 112*C=234*F, 104*C=219*F; 109*C=228*F.
My temperature settings are wrong. Must be somebody has entered LT5 engine temperature settings. Do you know if other settings could be altered as well? Maybe that settings are also for LT5 engine?

:) Thanks for info.
Here are Celsius/Farenheit relations. 108*C=226*F; 112*C=234*F, 104*C=219*F; 109*C=228*F.
My temperature settings are wrong. Must be somebody has entered LT5 engine temperature settings. Do you know if other settings could be altered as well? Maybe that settings are also for LT5 engine?
Hi ReDevil, What you have there are the same temperatures as the settings on my '88......Roger.:w

My temperature settings are wrong.
Have you confirmed actual engine temp.
Gauge gets information from a different temp sensor than the computer which controls the fans and is common to see a difference in the temp readings between the two given ;their different locations in the engine

It is impossible to put an LT5 calibration into an LT1 PCM because not only is the software different but the hardware is different too. This it is highly unlikely that happened. It is possible that export cars got different fan ons but my guess is that's unlikely, as well.

It is likely the issue causing the disparity is discussed by "vetteoz" above.

As for changing the fan ons....you need neither a laptop, a cable or HP Tuners to do that. Most handheld programmers can change fan-on temps and if that's all you want to do, it may be easier to go that route.

Hi Hib and Vetteoz,
Thanks for advice. I was afraid that complete tuning is for LT5 engine (was not sure if that is possible). I did not confirm engine temperature. PCM CWT sensor (located at water pump) is new, and estimate is OK. Temperature indication sensor located at bank 2 is old. I estimated is correct. Will check (suppose can be checked with tester?).
I feel, that last time I was in service (engine was running poorly and iregularly, smoking) (renewed complete ignition distributor, spark plugs, cables water pump, PCM temperature sensor, injectors cleaned, ... cost was more than 2000 Eur. Long story.), they have entered "VIN J" model cooling fan settings (108/112*C). It is very easy to make mistake. Service manual page heading is same for both models except for letter "P" or "J".
I have lap top at home. Which software is good? My car has OBD2 (16 pin) connector. Do I need some communication device, except OBD2-USB cable?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom