Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

94 ECM is HOT!!

94conv.

Corvette
1994 red convertible
Im still having the intermittent stalling on restart after a long drive and it sits for about 20 minutes. I have noticed that the ecm is extrememly hot, you can hardly stand to touch it. What would cause this?

How hot is the motor running. It is common for debris to get in the air passage in front of the radiator and restrict flow. Next you might want to have the charging system checked. If you are overcharging the battery it can cause issues with the computers.

The coolant teps seems to be ok. The charging, Im not sure

I can't see how the ECM can last if it remains that hot.

Some wild suggestions...

Did you check the voltage? Is it in proper range?
Any chance you are sending too much voltage to the ECM?

Did you measure injector resistance?
Any chance that the injectors are shorting out, driving more current to the ECM?

I have no idea if its shorting the injectors or sending to much voltage, its with its 2nd mechanic and both are reputable gm mechanics. We thought the optispark was messing up but it was raining yesterday and its still running fine, its only after its been ran for an hour or more then you go to restart it after 20 minutes and it falls over its self. Sometimes it will come out of it after a couple blocks, other times it dies and you have to wait for it to cool off. Other times it starts and runs fine. No codes are setting

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom