Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

94' LT1 start problem

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
I'm having starting problems with a 94 Lt1. Its in a Z28 but same thing. When I go to start it, i crank it and it starts but dies instantly, I do that about 3-4 times and it will finally run. Once it's running it runs great, no problems.
So i thought maybe bad fuel pump, So i got a new pump, filter, new plugs. Still does it. So I was thinking maybe the fuel pressure regulator. It'l do it even whens it hot, or after I just got done running it, say at a gas station or something. I thought at first maybe cold start thingy or something. But I don't know. Would it be a good idea to get a fuel pressure guage? It just seems odd that the regulator would be bad, it runs perfect when its running.

thanx

It's a very good idea to get an EFI fuel pressure gage. Another good idea is to get the 94 Camaro factory service manual, read and follow the fuel pressure testing instructions in the book. They'll help you troubleshoot the fuel system as well as check for leaking injectors.

I would try some throttle cleaner and clean the "blade" inside the throttle housing- you may also have a sticking/gummy IAC valve these are 2 more things which could cause your scenario.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom