Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'94 w/Bose AMFM Cassette / CD Player issue

BLU DICE

Corvette
'94 white red interior LT1
CD player does not work - radio does - read that a part of the theft deferment system the cd will require a code to be entered if the battery is disconnected - a new battery was installed when I bought the car a month ago. So anyone know something about this - can't find anything in the owners manual.

CD player does not work - radio does - read that a part of the theft deferment system the cd will require a code to be entered if the battery is disconnected - a new battery was installed when I bought the car a month ago. So anyone know something about this - can't find anything in the owners manual.

The 90 owners manual mentions the Delco Loc anti theft feature for the Bose Gold radio. I don't see it mentioned in the 94 owners manual. I was under the impression all Bose Gold 90-96 were the same except for the color of the front panel and knobs.

Yours must not be set if it has that feature because if it was when you reconnect the battery the radio will not turn on and LOC will appear in the display.

The CD unit used in all Corvette Bose Gold C4 radios is junk.
No company will sell you just the CD portion. They only service the complete unit for $250 and up.

Best to install an after market radio with all the bells and whistles. :L

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had my 94, I had the same issue. I found a repair place and sent the head unit and the four amp/speakers off to be rebuilt. It cost me around $350 (IIRC) to have the head and amps rebuilt. When I got it back, it was like new. I'll see if I can find the place that did mine.

I finally got fed up with all the issues of the factory GM-Bose on my '90. It sounds good, when it works. By the same token, NOTHING lasts forever. the new technology is cool too.

I had my local Best Buy install a new Pioneer 720 receiver with an Alpine PowerPack Amp and four 6" JBL co-axial speakers. I "helped" the installer since I knew a lot of the cars anatomy. I highly recommend Best Buy. My local one had a real good installer. In fact he is the manager of the installation dept., so I was comfortable with him. After talking with him prior to the job, I knew he knew his stuff. The trick is to find someone who has done Corvette's. He adapted the factory speaker enclosures to accept the 6" JBLs'. The fronts are challenging since they come with a 4". The 6" WILL fit with slight mods. I had also printed the appropriate pages from the FSM for the radio head power connections and the antenna control. We left the old Bose amp buried in my dash(I believe the '93 has it in the storage compartment).

First off you will want to take out the seats, console top and dash panel, then the right side kick-bolster.

My system is awesome and I love it. Plus the Bluetooth capabilities of the new stereos is amazing. We drilled a small hole in the radio dash panel and mounted the microphone there. Plus with a USB plug I have all my favorite music on a thumb drive or play it off of your phone. Works like a charm!!
Best Buy also has 12 month "same as cash" financing. Good Luck!

Try this site: www.carstereohelp.com
Prices look reasonable.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom